November 17, 2009

Garam Garam Chai at my Charpai

Designer Stéphanie de Saint simon from France is as obsessed with Charpai's as we Indians are. Her cute charpais and trunks have brought back so many childhood memories of my Grandmother's house in Punjab where we used to eat , dance , sleep on these Manji's ( As called in Punjab). Now that we are settled in Delhi , I still get a chance to sit and sip Chai , drink lassi or eat sarson ka saag and makki ki roti on these charpai's in the roadside Dhabas while traveling to Ludhiana ( sweaters hub in punjab) for my work .

Her trunks & Storage boxes are close to my heart as I almost broke into tears when I first saw these . Looking at these , I could only think of my grandmother ( she is no more but lives in my heart every moment) - these trunks were the treasure trunks for me at that time as my grandma would hide her goodies in these and i would secretly open as and when i would get chance to control my excitement. My mother still possesses those trunks!!!!!!

Oh no !!!I got lost in my reminiscence.....

Back to Stephanie, after her frequent trips to India , she had fallen in love with India and its life. She started her brand Ouma Productions in 2008 which was inspired by Indian streets. Thali stools , sack pillows, gorgeous charpais - Her furniture is elegant , ethnic, creative that adds design and style to any type of home decor. I am sure you too will have your story when you would look at her designs . I can vouch for it!!!! Please check her designs at :
http://www.ivisual.com/ouma/







my treasure trunks!!!!!!!!


truck art inspired ........



By the way , my post about Stephanie doesn't end here . Her beautiful and creative house is featured in Elle decor . See for yourself..







More pics of her house can be seen at http://www.elle.fr/elle/Deco/Les-visites-privees/Toutes-les-visites-privees/Bollywood-design

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails